Professional development programs are one of the keystone benefits that the Forum for Volunteer Administrators offers to individuals involved in the leadership and management of volunteers. These outstanding programs are designed to give a wide variety of knowledge-based, skill-building information that can be immediately implemented into daily management tasks and stored for future reference.
Refer to our calendar of events for information about upcoming programs or subscribe to our mailing list to receive program announcements and registration forms.
Presenters are experts in their field, offering programs such as:
- On the Cutting Edge: Emotional Intelligence
- Nobody is Just a Volunteer – Building Great Partnerships
- "Say What?" – Public Speaking Essentials for Volunteer Managers
- Successful Mentoring Relationships
- Walking the Tightrope Without a Net: Ethical Decisions in Volunteer Programs
- Corporate-Volunteer Partnerships
Consider attending FVA programs if:
- Your organization provides services to its consumers via volunteer service
- You are charged with the management of the volunteer program, including all supporting policies, procedures, protocols and tools
- You want to utilize resources and tools that offer uniformity in the way your volunteers are managed, especially if they volunteer at several organizations
- You are earning CEUs
- You want to network and communicate with other volunteer managers in Cuyahoga County and contiguous counties you want to position yourself to your employer as a valued employee, and you want your volunteers to recognize you as a "best practices" volunteer manager